The Top 10 things you need to know about Face Yoga, according to Face Goddess Yoga!
Face Goddess Yoga was created
to give women around the world a more natural way to combat anti-aging. Face Yoga not only helps women look 5 years younger it also builds confidence and self-love.
1. Face Yoga is a natural and holistic approach to anti-aging. Face Yoga awakens, sculpts, and lifts the 57 muscles that make up your face, neck, and scalp.
2. Our 3 main focuses are Awaken, Sculpt, and Lift.
- First routines are awakening: this is the time to awaken the muscles that we are not using on a daily basis to help the muscles that are overworked. Also, when they are awakened they become more plumped which helps smooth wrinkles. Awakened muscles are easier to sculpt and lift.
- Second routines are sculpting: we are able to sculpt our own beautiful face the way we want to. From creating bigger eyes, sculpting model cheeks, or defining the jawline area. We are also able to create facial symmetry because our muscles are awake and stronger.
- Third routines are lifting: even though all of the exercises from the beginning are lifting from awaken routines. These set of routines are designed to lift the sculpted and awakened muscles to give you a more youthful appearance.
3. Start ASAP! It is never too early to start and never too late! Face Yoga is for women of all ages!
4. Face Yoga just like any beauty routine should be practiced daily for maximum benefits. You should have daily mini sessions last no more than 10 minutes, then try to incorporate a longer practice once a week.
5. Face yoga doesn't only make you look 5 years younger. There are a lot of mental benefits as well...
- Reduce lines and wrinkles on the face, neck, and chest
- Lift entire face
- Sculpt cheeks
- More defined jawline
- Brighter complexion
- Increase collagen and elastin production
- Smooth crow's feet
- Reduce 11 lines and horizontal lines on the forehead
- Smooth Nasolabial folds
- Create facial symmetry
- Reduce double chin and -turkey neck
- Increase self-awareness and self-love
- Calm the mind
- Improve self-confidence
- Improve brain function
- Increase serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin.
- Strengthen and restore glands in the brain
6. Face Yoga is a complete self care beauty routine when working with the facial features you are sculpting your own face and falling in love with yourself. Most of our wrinkles are caused by daily lifestyle habits, and becoming aware of unconscious gestures we make can greatly reduce and prevent wrinkles.
Working with the tiny muscles in your face you begin to feel and become aware of each of them. It is like learning you have a face for the first time, you can actually feel it.
I like to call face yoga, an 'open eye meditation practice'. While practicing face yoga, even listening to a teacher tell you what to do, you will become completely aware of the moment you are in and all the thoughts and troubles of the day melt away. You become very present.
7. There are so many crazy misconceptions about skincare!
- Number one is that you have to spend a lot of money on skincare products to look younger and to fight the aging process. This is completely untrue some of the best skincare products come straight from your kitchen.
- You always have to make embarrassing facial expressions while doing face yoga. Somewhat false, yes, the facial exercises make you do facial expressions that you are not using to but it is nothing sooo crazy.
- Touching your face is bad. Not completely true as long as your hands are clean.
- Face Yoga causes wrinkles. If you practice face yoga properly from a professional you will learn the proper way and receive all the benefits but if you are not learning properly then you can cause wrinkles.
This article was written by Jacquelyn, Co-Founder of Face Goddess Yoga.
To find out more about Face Goddess Yoga, check out their website (https://facegoddessyoga.com/) and follow them on IG (@face.goddess.yoga).
To practice with Face Goddess Yoga and Ohana, check out our IGTV where the saved session can be found (@ohanacbd).